What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are the type of bugs that feed on human blood, especially at night time. The moment you lay in your bed, they appear on the bed and will start sucking your blood. Bed bugs bites are normally harmless, but they can be deadly if they happen to transmit disease of animals or another person to you and can also cause an allergic reaction and skin rashes. Either way, you should get rid of the bed bugs immediately.
How to Identify the Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs have a bright brown color, which is very small and oval. They look similar to cockroaches but they are transparent-like whereas cockroaches are not transparent. Small bedbugs are sometimes invisible to the eyes, and cannot be identified. So, you have to identify the adult bedbugs that have flat bodies about the size of the apple seed.
Bedbugs cannot fly, but they move swiftly around on the floors, walls, and ceilings.
What Causes Bed Bugs?
If one bed bug is taken to your place hitchhiking in pockets or clothes of your guest, luggage or any other belonging, it will grow its colonies in your bed or sofa or any other furniture.
They succeed in growing colonies as bed bugs go unnoticed right away by humans. They are typically noticed only when their colonies grow.
How Would You Find Out If You Have Bed Bugs In Your House?
Here are some of the possible things that may signal you that you have bed bugs at home:
- There might be bloodstains left on your pillows and sheets.
- You may also notice dark or rusty spots – their excrements – of the bed bugs on your sheets, pillowcases, mats, walls, curtains or any furniture.
- If there are bed bugs fecal, skin shades or eggshells beneath your furniture or curtains, then your house is infested by the bed bugs.
- If you smell a strong, musty and offensive odor in the house.
How to Get Rid of the Bed Bugs?
There are so many ways which will help you in getting rid of the bed bugs on an immediate basis:
- Hot Water: If your bed, sofa or any other furniture has been infested by the bed bugs, you should pour the hot water in the furniture. The bed bugs will die.
- Sun Bathing: You can disassemble your furniture; keep them at the roof or in your yard to let the sunlight kill the bed bugs. This formula works in most cases.
- Pest Control Services: You can hire professionals Pest Control Services to treat and spray your property. Once in a while, you can get your house sprayed so that bed bugs never succeed in infesting your place.
Beg bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of humans. They can cause too much hassle and can also transmit diseases. Make sure to get rid of it right away and get a regular inspection from your trusted pest control professionals to make sure that you’re safe from infestation. If you’re around McAllen, call Bug Off Pest Control, the best pest control service in the area.